March 2015 Recap: The One Where I Quit My Job.

31 March 2015

March was a bit of a stressful month for me, having decided to hand in my notice at work. The decision was made based on multiple factors, but the most important is the state of my mental health. Anyway, I have until April 18th to get a few different things sorted, and if I stop to think for just a moment, reality kind of hits. The future is looking a bit uncertain now and it's definitely stressing me out. Nevertheless, I've been trying to keep my mind off of the situation, so here's what happened on the blog this month.

BOOK REVIEWS (CLICK HERE)



When it comes to the books I read, I'm still not entirely happy with the number. I managed to finish 6 books this month, but I would have definitely liked to have read more. I suppose with my upcoming unemployment I'll have nothing much to do other than read, so we'll see what happens. A silver lining, perhaps? On the other hand, I bought way too many books yet again. I have a major problem, that's for sure.

     


BOOKS READ (CLICK HERE)

BOOK HAUL (CLICK HERE)

I actually found this beautiful hardcover copy of His Dark Materials in a charity shop for £1. It's like new and the pages feel lovely. I also purchased the bind up of the first three books in Alyxandra Harvey's Drake Chronicles. Though I don't particularly like bind ups when it comes to series' that are longer than three books, I'm hoping owning it will give me the kick that I need to finally start this series.

Anyway, here's my challenge update for the month of March. Books listed are the ones that contributed to the challenge, and the totals are calculated after these books have been added.

PREQUEL & SEQUEL CHALLENGE: 38/75 POINTS (CLICK HERE)

TBR PILE READING CHALLENGE: 11/40 BOOKS (CLICK HERE)

CONTEMPORARY CHALLENGE: 2/11 BOOKS (CLICK HERE)

ALPHABET SOUP READING CHALLENGE: 7/26 BOOKS (CLICK HERE)

GOODREADS READING CHALLENGE: 19/50 BOOKS (CLICK HERE)

And there you have it! That's what happened with me in the month of March. April's going to be another stressful one, but I'm determined to keep this blog up and running to the best of my abilities. Hope you guys had a good month, and I hope April brings you everything you want.