Ten Books I Want To Read This Spring

17 March 2015

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke & The Bookish in which we can showcase the top ten books we feel deserve the spotlight according to the topic of the week. This week's topic is books on our Spring TBR. 

Since I generally try to stay away from new releases, I'm just going to list ten books currently on my shelves that I'm hoping to get through within the next couple of months. All of these novels have been sitting gathering dust for goodness knows how long, so hopefully I can actually read them soon! Though I've already read most of them at least once, I'm feeling the need to rediscover the love.

  • Splintered by A.G. Howard - Though I have read this book before, I really would like to continue with this series. Unfortunately, it's been a couple of years since I first discovered this book and my memory is a little hazy. I  do remember loving it, though, so I can't wait to rediscover the magic.
  • The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken - I've heard some very mixed reviews about this book, but I invested in a beautiful hardcover copy a very long time ago and I feel guilty for not yet reading it. Hopefully I'm a part of the majority that love it.
  • Roomies by Sara Zarr & Tara Altebrando - I received an unsolicited copy of this book from the publisher when it was released last year. Despite it not being the kind of story I would normally read, I'm willing to check it out. It's only short, so hopefully I'll love it.
  • The Diviners by Libba Bray - Having never read anything by Libba Bray, I think it's about time I got around to it. I've had this gorgeous novel on my shelf for a good few years now, so it's as good a place as any to start, no? I've heard so many amazing things about this book, so hopefully I enjoy it.
  • The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - Another book that I want to read again. I haven't read this trilogy in a very, very long time, and my love of the movies has ignited something inside of me. I can't wait to rediscover these books, and I have a feeling I'm going to enjoy them even more the second time around.
  • Daughter Of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor - When I first read this book, I fell in love. When I read it again for the second time, I fell in love again. Hopefully reading it for a third time - so I can finally finish the trilogy, might I add - I'll love it even more. Laini Taylor is an amazing author, and despite the sequel not being quite as amazing, I have high hopes that the final novel will return this series to its former glory.
  • The Forsaken by Lisa M. Stasse - This novel has been on my wishlist for goodness knows how long, and now that I finally own a copy, I'm very excited to dive right in. I don't really know a whole lot about it, other than what's written on the blurb, but I have a feeling I'm going to love it. 
  • Uglies by Scott Westerfeld - I keep looking at this quartet on my shelves and thinking that I really should get around to reading the series again. I absolutely adored it the first time around, but I can't remember anything about it! I'm hoping I can rediscover my love soon.
  • Throne Of Glass by Sarah J. Maas - When I discovered that Barnes & Noble would ship the beautiful hardcover (not library bound) copy of this novel to me in the UK for less than £20, I was ecstatic. I had been looking for it for so long, and now that I finally have a copy, I feel I should get it read as soon as possible. I loved this book the first time, so I'm very excited to read it again and continue this series.

So what books are you planning on reading this Spring? Leave me the link to your post/video and I'll be sure to check them out.