Ten Series' For Readers Who Like YA Fantasy

10 March 2015

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke & The Bookish in which we can showcase the top ten books we feel deserve the spotlight according to the topic of the week. This week's topic is books we recommend for readers who like certain subject matters/genres/character types, etc. I chose series' for readers who like YA Fantasy.

In all honesty, this list is just a way for me to showcase my favourite series'. I've read all of these books multiple times and I hope I can inspire you to give them a shot. Trust me, it'll be worth it.

  • House Of Night by P.C. & Kristin Cast - Though I'm not quite up to speed with the House Of Night series, having only read up to book 9, I can honestly say that this is one of my all time favourite series'. This mother and daughter team have come up with an utterly unique take on vampire mythology, incorporating a supernatural boarding school that fans of Harry Potter will definitely appreciate.
  • Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins - Another series with a supernatural boarding school, though this one is a little more like Hogwarts than the House of Night. Filled to the brim with magic and teenage shenanigans, I will happily read this series again and again. It's super easy to read and is definitely a lot of fun.
  • Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick - If fallen angels and well developed characters are your thing, I would definitely check out this series. I cannot get enough of these books and have read this quartet more times than I can count. What can I say? I'm completely in love with Patch Cipriano. #noshame.
  • Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead Though the spin off series is, in my opinion, a little better, I do think it's necessary to read Vampire Academy before diving into Bloodlines. Don't get me wrong, Vampire Academy is a fantastic series, I just adore Adrian Ivashkov and enjoy his story a little more. It makes me happy that he features in both series', though.
  • The Iron Fey by Julie Kagawa - I haven't experienced a lot of novels about fairies, but Kagawa puts such a unique spin on the genre that I will recommend this series to anyone interested in fairy literature. The characters are wonderful and the writing is beautiful. The world-building in this series is utterly unparalleled.
  • Study by Maria V. Snyder - A very recent new favourite of mine, but a favourite nonetheless. The world that Snyder has created is as deadly as it is beautiful, and I can't wait to see where she takes her characters in the recently released first installment of the new spin off series.
  • Soul Screamers by Rachel Vincent Rachel Vincent is a fantastic author that isn't afraid to give her characters a hard time. She has created an amazing world, filled to the brim with danger and excitement, and her slew of characters is just fantastic. Putting a unique spin on the old banshee myths, Vincent has come up with something that is absolutely brilliant.
  • The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare The Mortal Instruments is another series that I have read multiple times but have yet to actually finish. I am, however, currently making my way back through these books so I can finally get some long overdue answers. I'm not expecting a happy ending, though. Clare has a bad habit of being excessively mean to her characters (P.S. I love Jace).
  • The Morganville Vampires by Rachel Caine You know, I really need to start finishing my favourite series', but with a total of 15 books, it's going to take me a while to get through the first 14 (again). It'll happen, though. Caine has come up with a slew of amazing characters, an interesting take on vampire mythology, and multiple exciting plotlines. I absolutely adore this series and would happily class it as an all time favourite.
  • Mythos Academy by Jennifer Estep - Much like Hex Hall, I would recommend this series to Harry Potter fans, for sure. This school is not just for witches and wizards, though. All sorts of magical beings are enrolled at Mythos Academy, and it definitely makes for an interesting read. Yet again, however, I still haven't finished these books. I suck.

So what topic did you choose? Leave me the link to your post/video and I'll be sure to check them out.