Ten Books I Recently Added To My TBR Pile

31 March 2015

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke & The Bookish in which we can showcase the top ten books we feel deserve the spotlight according to the topic of the week. This week's topic is books we recently added to our TBR piles.

There are so many amazing books that I've recently discovered and want to read so to make this easier, I'm only going to feature the ones that have actually made their way onto my shelves.

I've heard nothing but fantastic things about this author, but for some reason, I've never gotten around to reading anything written by her. Though I don't know much about this series, having the bind-up of the first three will pretty much ensure that I read them. 
I've wanted to read this novel for the longest time so when I found it in my local bargain bookstore, I had to grab it. This book sounds like a pretty gritty dystopian read and I've heard some great things. 

This novel has received some amazing reviews, as well as some terrible ones. The story sounds like something I'd enjoy, however, so I'm going to ignore the negative and focus on the positive with this one. 
I'm a little on the fence when it comes to this series, but when I found this bind-up edition for cheap (I'm talking about a like new hardcover for £1 in a charity shop), I had to buy it. People keep recommending this trilogy to me, so I guess I'll get around to it soon. 
Though this book has received some less than stellar ratings, it sounds like something I'm going to enjoy. I want to know what happened to Ava and how she handles her amnesia. 


I absolutely love The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices, and Magnus Bane is one of my favourite characters. This collection of short stories will hopefully give me a little more insight into this wacky warlock's life that I'm no doubt going to devour. 

Though I love The Vampire Diaries (the TV show more than the book series), I have to admit that I prefer The Originals. Klaus and Elijah are some of my all time favourite characters, and I can't wait to see what secrets the books hold. 

Though I know barely anything about this series, I saw all three books in my local bargain bookstore and couldn't help myself. Fingers crossed I enjoy it! Impulse buys are pretty rare for me. 

I can't figure out why people don't like this novel and it's really starting to annoy me. People are very vague when it comes to the problems they had with this novel, so I decided to say screw it and bought it anyway. It sounds interesting enough, so here's hoping I enjoy it! 

This was a huge novel when I first started blogging in 2012 and I've heard nothing but amazing things about it, even now. I'm very intrigued by this premise and can't wait to give it a shot. 

So what books have you recently added to your TBR piles? Leave me the link to your post/video and I'll be sure to check it out.