April 2015 Recap: The One Where Video Games Took Over My Life

30 April 2015

Unless you have been living under a rock for the last month, you will have noticed that I decided to take a hiatus from blogging, just for a couple of weeks, while I tried to decide on which direction I would like this blog to take from here on out. Featuring less weekly memes and more discussion posts, I'm hoping this page will begin to rise from the grave in the coming weeks.

Despite working behind the scenes on my blog, I've also been playing a lot of video games this month. I managed to complete both the Lego Harry Potter games to 100%, as well as finish the story in Sleeping Dogs (I seriously love triad storylines). I just started playing Dragon Age: Origins, too, but since I'm not usually a fan of huge RPGs, I'm a little worried as to how long it can keep my interest. Have any of you guys played it? I've heard it's good, so I'm going to stick with it as long as I can. Let me know what you thought!

Of course, all that being said and done, my blog has suffered a little in the way of content this month.

BOOK REVIEWS (CLICK HERE)

DISCUSSIONS (CLICK HERE)

BLOG NEWS (CLICK HERE)

I managed to read a total of 6 books again this month, and I've actually managed to complete 50% of my Goodreads challenge of 50 books this year! I'm 9 books ahead and couldn't feel better about it.


BOOKS READ (CLICK HERE)

BOOK HAUL (CLICK HERE)

I'm very proud of the amount of books I purchased this month, especially considering I didn't spend money on any of them. When I left my job, my colleagues gifted me with a £20 Waterstones giftcard, so I promptly headed over to my local branch and grabbed sequels to a couple of series' that I really need to finish. I probably won't read The Selection series until after the fourth book has been released, but we'll see what happens in the next couple of months.

For now, here are my challenge updates for this month with their totals after adding the books that contributed.

PREQUEL & SEQUEL CHALLENGE: 54/75 POINTS (CLICK HERE)

TBR PILE READING CHALLENGE: 19/40 BOOKS (CLICK HERE)

CONTEMPORARY CHALLENGE: 2/11 BOOKS (CLICK HERE)

ALPHABET SOUP READING CHALLENGE: 9/26 BOOKS (CLICK HERE)

GOODREADS READING CHALLENGE: 25/50 BOOKS (CLICK HERE)

And that's pretty much it for this recap! If all goes according to plan, I'll be returning to this blog on Monday, May 4th, so stay tuned for that!