The Ultimate Book Tag

5 June 2015

I'm here today with a tag created by the ladies at Chapter Chicks. I've removed a few questions due to time management purposes, so if you want to see the full list, you can do so here. Anyway, this tag is about all things bookish, so let's get on with it!

Do you get sick whilst reading in the car?
I did when I was a kid, but since I started driving, I've rarely been a passenger long enough to warrant starting to read a book. I'm going to assume that I still do, but I really don't know.

Which author's writing style is completely unique to you?
Hmm, I think I would have to say Richelle Mead. This author has absolutely no qualms about giving her characters an incredibly hard time. Both her Vampire Academy series and the spin-off Bloodlines series are fantastically written with a lot of fun, laughter, heartbreak, and tragedy. 

Harry Potter or Twilight?
Harry Potter, hands down. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Twilight. Yes, I thought the movies sucked (except Breaking Dawn, Pt. 2 - that was so much better than the book), but the books themselves? Well, they're the reason I started reading YA fiction all those years ago. I have a lot to thank the Twilight saga for, but Harry Potter will always be my favourite, even when I'm old and grey.

What book did you love but then later discover it wasn't quality writing?
Okay, I'm going to have to fall back on Twilight here. When I first read the books, I wasn't a part of any online community, and therefore had no frame of reference in the way of reviews and such. I'd heard that the books had blown up, and I decided to read them. Of course, this was my first experience with YA fiction outside of the later Harry Potter novels, and I obviously thought it was great, otherwise I wouldn't be here today. When I started reading more, however, I soon learned that there are writing styles out there more suited to my tastes.

What is the thickest book on your shelf?
At a glance, I would have to say City Of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare. It's huge,

Do you write?
I don't actively write, but I do have so many ideas floating around my head. I used to try writing, and even bought a copy of Scrivener to help me plan, but I always ended up getting distracted. Perhaps one day I'll give writing another shot.

If you were given a book that you've read before and hated, what would you do?
I would say thank you, then I would either keep it on my shelf for months, or try and give it away to someone else.

What is a bad habit you always do while blogging? 
I have a hard time remembering to reply to comments. I get email notifications from Disqus, but since my emails come through on my phone (and I despise using it for anything blog related), some of them tend to be forgotten by the time I get back on my laptop. I do try to star all the emails, however, and I'll always check my most recent posts in case one slipped by the wayside, but that could be days after the comment was originally posted, and then I just feel terrible.

What is your favourite word?
Floopy. Phoebe Buffay is a genius.

Would you rather read about the love triangle, or forbidden love?
I'm not usually an advacote of the love triangle, but I will admit that sometimes, it works. I'm much more impressed if an author manages to flawlessly pull off the forbidden love, however. 

Full on romance books or action packed with a few love scenes thrown in?
How about we meet somewhere in the middle. I'm not usually a fan of the gushy love stories, but I do require some semblance of romance in the novels I read. I'd say it needs to be about 60/40 in favour of the action.

And that's that! I did cut out like, half of the questions, but you get the idea. If you want to participate, feel free! I tag you.

No comments

Post a Comment